12 January 2011

NFL Preview Review

AFC West


TeamLinePickActualResult
Oaktown61/2Under8Lose
San Diego101/2Under9Win
Denver7Over4Lose
Kay Cee61/2Over10Win

I correctly foresaw the decline of SD and the maturing of KC, but completely whiffed on Den, whom I thought would be a middle-of-the-pack team. Also, I failed to see that Tom Cable might actually be a decent coach for Oak. Al Davis also failed to see this, but in his case after the season was over.

AFC South


TeamLinePickActualResult
Houston81/2Under6Win
Tennessee81/2Over6Lose
Indy11Over10Lose
J-ville61/2Over8Win

Biggest whiff here was TN, whom I figured would be a playoff contender. I called Hou being disappointing and Jac being decent, but way overestimated Ind. Can you blame me?

AFC North


TeamLinePickActualResult
Cincy81/2Under4Win
Cleveland51/2Over5Lose
'Sburgh9Over12Win
B-more10Over12Win

I knew Cin would never be good two years in a row. Believe it or not, I said Bal would go 12-4, which they did.

AFC East


TeamLinePickActualResult
Miami81/2Over7Lose
Buffalo51/2Under4Win
NYC91/2Under11Lose
Hell91/2Under14Lose

Wow, wrong about a lot here, but nowhere more so than NE, whom I thought was in the twilight of the Brady-Belichick glory years. By the end of September I looked right, and a lot of people agreed with me. Now? Well... maybe next year.

NFC West


TeamLinePickActualResult
Seattle7Over7Push
Frisco9Under6Win
'Zona71/2Under5Win
Saint Lou41/2Under7Lose

I was right about Sea being mediocre, but I was way off about StL. Also, I picked SF to win the division. I wasn't alone, mind you.

NFC North


TeamLinePickActualResult
Minny91/2Under6Win
Green Bay10Over10Push
Chi-town71/2Under11Lose
Motown51/2Over6Win

Totally nailed MN here. Quote: "8-8 at best, maybe worse... I don't even think they'll come in second." Of course I was wrong about Chi, whom I always pick to be bad. In my defense, many Bears fans still think that team isn't very good. Also, I called Det just right.

NFC South


TeamLinePickActualResult
Nawlins101/2Under11Lose
'Lanna91/2Over13Win
Tampa51/2Under10Lose
Carolina7Over2Lose

My wrongest pick of the entire preseason was definitely TB: "I'm gonna go out on a limb and say that this team is not only terrible this year, I think they'll be terrible the following year as well." That's even worse than my Car pick. I had the right idea about NO, I was just off by a game.

NFC East


TeamLinePickActualResult
Big D10Under6Win
D.C.71/2Over6Lose
Philly81/2Over10Win
Jersey81/2Under10Lose

Right about Dal being a mess, nailed Phi at 10-6, woefully wrong about the Shanahan-McNabb combo in the capital. I actually picked them as my surprise division winner for the year. I don't think I'll take the over for that team again until Dan Snyder sells it.

Total: 15-15-2

No comments: